1. Is there a point when too much sunlight can be detrimental to health? What is the threshold?
2. How did Aalto’s TB hospital in Finland mitigate the winter months when daylight is particularly sparse?
3. Is it possible to mimic daylight artificially, such that urban hospitals without access to large plots of land can still provide “daylight” to patients?
4. Do the benefits of daylight to hospital patients and workers outweigh the financial burden of smaller urban hospitals with fewer beds and bigger plots of land?
5. Why do you think the US is behind Europe when it comes to rethinking hospital design to reflect more holistic and health-conscious spaces and patient/worker-experience?
1. How has the cochlear implant changed since it was first invented in the 70s?
2. Are there hearing-impaired people who choose not to get the implant? Why would they?
3. Are there any potential side effects to getting the implant?
4. Are there kinds of hearing-impairment (nerve related maybe) that the cochlear implant cannot repair?
5. What is the threshold age after which children implanted with a cochlear implant will still struggle with speech?