1. Write a paragraph from the distributed article (due by next Monday midnight)
2. Mid-term review projects and grading. (due by Sunday (10/26) midnight / no late work will be accepted)
Make a virtual model of your lighting fixture and analyze it using 3D Max’s Lighting Analysis Assistant (this will be covered during class time)
Compare your analysis results with the results from physical models (calculated using Excel) .
The differences in means and variances between your virtual and physical analyses should be within 20%.
1. the screen capture of analysis by 3DS max.(it will be explained during class, on the blog)
2. the excel data analysis of virtual simulation including descriptive statistics and surface plots (on the blog)
3. the excel data analysis of physical evaluation including descriptive statistics and surface plots (on the blog)
4. the picture of physical model (on the blog)
5. the picture of your data sheet (light measure during class time, on the blog)
6. the 3DS max file (on the class server)
7. the CSV file exported from 3DS max.(on the class server)
You upload all required files ( 1 ~ 7 ), AND
…The differences in
……both means and variances are less than 10%, you will get A+,
……one of means and variances are less than 10%, you will get A,
……both means and variances are less than 20%, you will get B+
……one of means and variances is less than 20%, you will get B
You uploaded some required files (there are missing uploads), OR
if you complete both physical and virtual model, yet the differences are more than 20%, you will get B-.
if you finish one of physical or virtual model, you will get C.
All other cases, you will get F.